Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our exciting weekend!

This is Jeremy prior to his Gall Bladder surgery. I can blog about it now because life is almost back to normal now. I took pictures after, but they are not very flattering, so I won't post them. Jeremy had his Gall Bladder out at LDS hospital on Thursday. The night before that, Logan was throwing up all night. Logan went with me to the hospital since he was recovering from the night before. Thursday night Jeremy kept me up with his pain and stuff and then Friday night Mallory started throwing up clear until 4 am. This was really hard because Jeremy was totally unable to help me and I was exhausted after three nights of no sleep. Saturday morning I walked around just crying. I am pretty sure my ability to cope with everything went bye-bye after the third night without sleep. 

I called my Relief Society and they arranged to bring in dinner for three nights. It was a big relief and allowed to me to get my sanity back and now we are doing just fine. Definitely not a weekend I want to repeat, but it did humble me to realize that I can't be tough all the time and take it all on. There is help there, I just need to be humble enough to ask for it.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Heather, i'm sorry you had to go through that. You can always call me if you need me to take your kids so you can sleep or do whatever!I hope Jeremy is feeling better.