Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Temple Celebration

I volunteered to be one of the team captains for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Celebration that will be held at the conference center downtown. We had a meeting last night with all the leaders that will be helping, and it is massive! I am totally overwhelmed, but I have faith that it will all pull off without a hitch because the sprit will be there in full force as well as the first presidency of our church.


Part of me is jealous that I didn't have an opportunity like this as a youth. That's why I jumped at the chance to be a leader for it. We have been promised that the lives of everyone who participates will be changed forever. Although it is taking a lot of time away from my family, it is an opportunity I cannot pass up. It will greatly increase my testimony of temples and be a wonderful experience.

I was told last night that it will be broadcast nationwide in real time on May 30th. There will also be a DVD made to distribute for anyone interested in watching this.

No comments: