Monday, June 22, 2009

Camping

This last weekend we went on our ward campout. This was in the morning when all the men were trying to cook breakfast in the rain. It turned out pretty good considering...
I was one of the few that came prepared for rain and I was not about to give up my umbrella.
Logan really enjoyed poking the fire with his stick. He would sit it in the fire until it caught on fire, then he would take it out and blow it out. I don't know how safe that was, but we came home with no injuries.
Mallory was finding little sticks to throw into the fire.
That's Lyndie in there mooching chocolate off of one of the moms.
Logan was so tired. And this was right after we got there! He was a trooper though. He didn't complain about it, he just laid down when he could.
This is Mallory with one of her little friends, Grace. She was glad that some of her friends came up so she could hang out with them.
Lyndie still mooching food off of other people. They willing give it to her. Those big blue eyes and soft blond curls get her a lot. We are in big trouble with her.
Logan enjoying some Oreos by the fire.


It was a good time. We ended up sleeping in our van, which was really warm. I was worried about the cold since it had rained all week down in the valley. One scary thing did happen when we were there, though. Mallory wandered off with one of her friends "exploring". After a few minutes of them out of my sight, I got a feeling to go look for her. The other little girl's mom also started looking. Pretty soon the whole camp was looking for them too. I was panicked, but a couple of boys from our camp found them and brought them back.

I truly believe that Heavenly Father watches over out little ones. Mallory and her friend had gotten worried about the same time I got the feeling to go look for them. Mallory was crying when she got back and said that they had wandered into the wrong camp. The rest of the trip, I watched her like a hawk. She hated it, but I didn't lose her again and that's all that matters.

No comments: